- the strands of faux pearls that were my grandmother's.
- a little snippet of lace and netting from my bridal bouquet of 36 years ago.
- a silver cross
- a tiny mother of pearl fish
- a tiny gold heart locket
- a Katrina relief button awarded for mucking out houses...and...
- my relay for life survivor medal from the American Cancer Society.
You see, I had breast cancer 15 years ago and I'm happy to say I'm still here, enjoying my family and my life.
Remember to do monthly routine self examinations. I found my own cancerous lump, not the doctor or a mammogram.
During this October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I hope knowing that I've beat it for 15 years gives someone out there hope to know they can too.
Today I'm linking to My Romantic Home's Show and Tell so many bloggers can be reminded of this threat and how important self-examination is! Blessing to all of you!