Monday, July 19, 2010

Home at Last!

Where do you start when you’ve been gone so long?

Well, how about a coming home party!  Yea!  That’ll do!

Did you notice what’s missing on the side bar? 

announcement pic

Here’s a reminder. 

I promised to keep this little guy adorned with his yellow ribbon posted on my side bar until his daddy came home.  He’s been posted there since a cold winter day in December when our soldier boy left home to serve his country in Iraq.

Do you see him over there?  NOPE?   Guess that can only mean one thing…

Welcome home

He’s HOME!

mid rode

What a sweet day it was! 

Here comes the bus!  And I was so excited, my daughter had to tell me to get out of the road!

crowd

Families and friends eagerly waited to embrace their soldier.

where are you

There he is, scanning the crowd……Where are you?

greeting 1

Ahh! 

john mom nick 

There you are!

greeting

I ask you, is there a happier site?

(watch out..baby blue-eyes will have to breathe soon!)

 playing

And it didn’t take long for this family to get reacquainted.

family copy

We are so happy to have our son-in-law home and their family united again.

Thanks so much to many of you who prayed and showed care and concern for our loved ones and all the soldiers sacrificing and serving our great land! 

Let’s don’t forget them!

19 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Yeah, welcome home!!!!! What a lovely family, Marsha!!!! Enjoy your summer with the family!!

xxoo

Debby said...

I have tears flowing reading this. My son spent two years in the Middle East. I never got to see him come home since he was stationed in Hawaii. I do remember our little family at the airport with our banner greeting him 2 weeks later. So happy for all of you. The look on his little boy's face in the picture where his daddy had the baby....tells it all.
Now you can breathe and carry on. When my son was gone it was hard to "go on." Many happy moments ahead, enjoy.

Sarah Knight said...

congratulations : )

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Wonderful!! He made it home safe! Tell him "Thank You' for me.
Have a great week.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

So glad to see him home!!

stefanie said...

oh, what a wonderful post for me first thing this morning!!!

podso said...

Such wonderful news and a wonderful post to come back with! So grateful with you for his safe return!

Robin said...

WELCOME HOME!!!! Such great pictures!

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

This is the best news. The family look delighted to be together again.
bLessings,Ruth

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Oh my gosh! This is the most wonderful post!!! Welcome home to your son-in-law and all the other soldiers.

What a beautiful family you have and I am so happy that you are all together!

hugs
Sissie

Sewconsult said...

What a glorious sight! I know your daughter is just so happy to have him home. A big "thanks" to him.

nannykim said...

So glad he is home safely. My son's unit is in Afghanistan, but he had more training so he got switched to another unit. I can't wait until most of our men and women will be back home!

erin's art and gardens said...

oh this is soooo wonderful! what a beautiful post of homecoming and family love! yippie skippie! please give many thanks to your son-in-law for his service and hugs and kisses for all!! so happy for you, marsha!

Simple Home said...

What a beautiful family! I love all the smiles. Thank him for all of us, and tell him we said "Welcome Home!"
Blessings,
Marcia

Dolores said...

This is the happiest and most beautiful post..... and gorgeous family....

I thank your son in law for serving our country...

Elizabeth Dianne said...

Okay, you made me bawl like a big baby!

Just Call Me Grammy said...

These are fabulous pictures!!!! I can't imagine how you all could be any happier!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

A most heartwarming post! Please tell him how much I appreciate his service! And all that his dear wife and family sacrifice!

Carrie said...

I love homecoming photos! There is nothing like seeing your sailor or soldier again after a separation. God Bless.
Carrie